Monday, August 10, 2009

Sildeshare

What is Sildeshare?

Slide share is an easy tool, which allows people to create and share slide shows. This website enables you to access and use slideshows that others have created in your own way.

How could Slideshare help within my classroom?

Slide share would help with teaching in my classroom by allowing students to view and examine a finished power point. This will therefore guide students in their thinking when creating their own and can also open their minds to new aspects that they may not have thought of.
I could also use slide share within my classroom by incorporating the slides to enrich my learning experiences. The slides would provide the students with other perspectives provided by the people who have created the slides. This aspect directly relates to the Engagement Theory (Keirley & Schneiderman, 1999) as it provides multiple perspectives for students. This could therefore provide opportunities for students to see other opinions that may differ to my own.
Although slide share is a resourceful tool, within my teaching I would have to ensure that students are able to distinguish between credible and incredible sources.

Visit a Slide show on Blogs here.

Kearsley, G. & Shneiderman, B. (1999). Engagement Theory: A framework for technology-based teaching and learning. Retrieved August 4, 2009. from: http://home.sprynet.com/~gkearsley/engage.htm

2 comments:

  1. Hey!!

    Yes I know this is a valuable tool to use through the internet, but it has similar uses than that to PowerPoint. What could be some uses for this tool that PowerPoint does not offer. In my opinion it is easier to use PowerPoint in the classroom. It is easier to access as you dont need the internet, easier to teach the tool as various help features are available and easier to create aesthetically pleasing tasks; further showing their ICT skills.

    Just some food for thought...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I see that point but Slideshare allows you to share your power points with others. I think this a good resource to for students to see a range of different power points and what is effective and what is not.

    ReplyDelete